26 February 2007

Half Nelson...

I'm watching this movie now and I relate tremendously to the main character... though I can't help it, sometimes I hate the person that I am, especially in light of how many evil people there are who look like me and have the same sexual preference as me. Why the fuck is there racism? Why the fuck is there misogyny? Why the fuck do so many straight people hate gay people simply because they are gay, a preference they did not choose?

A black person didn't "choose" to be black anymore than I "chose" to be white. A woman didn't "choose" to have a vagina anymore than I "chose" to have a penis. A gay person didn't "choose" to be sexually attracted to their own gender anymore than I "chose" to be attracted to the opposite gender...

So why the fuck do the people in power - people who look like me and have the same sexual preference as me - think they have a right to treat ANY of these people that I have listed as second-class citizens?

Racism sucks. Sexism sucks. Orientationism sucks. I just don't get it. It all makes me want to cry. It just plain sucks and hurts my head... it makes no sense.

I am embarrased for many of "my people"...

I just want to try to do whatever I can to make it right... we need civility among all the different kinds of people. I am angry that many from "my people" have made it so difficult for this kind of civility to be attained.

No comments: